King: Rel I and Rel IV
12/6 to 12/9
will need their textbooks, The World’s Religions. This will be a graded
class assignment (25 points).
are to Read pp. 99-112 in the Buddhism chapter, and answer the following questions.
Note these questions and key terms will be on the next unit test on Buddhism
1. Name and describe the Four Noble Truths.
Give both the Sanskrit and English translations.
2. Name and describe the six moments in life where, according to Buddha, life’s
suffering is especially noticible (dukkha)
3. According to the reading what are positive examples of desire? What type of desire is the cause of human suffering?
4. What two ways of living does Buddha distinguish?
According to Buddha, how does one attain happiness? What is the method?
5. List the eight aspects of the Path, or Way.
In your own words, using the reading, what human truth does each one point to?
they finish this, they can read Siddhartha and/or finish the posted assignment
on the website, The Buddha Land due 12/13.