1. How does the poem on p. 211 reflect the core Taoist ideals of humility and serenity?
2. How does the Taoist’s overall attitude towards nature differ from that of the traditional Westerner?
3. How are people usually depicted in Chinese art? How does this reflect core Taoist principles?
4. Where do Taoists and Confucians most differ in their view of society and what’s important?
5. How does the Chinese yin/yang symbol reflect the relativity of all values?
6. How does this effect the Taoist view of good and evil? Life and death?
7. How does Taoism tend to view war and violence?